10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hong Kong travel: Day 1 Evening - Tung Choi Street (Ladies’ Street & Goldfish Street)

In the evening, I went to visit the nearby Tung Choi Street. Actually I was aiming at the well-known Ladies' Street (女人街). But to my disappointment, no pretty ladies, just like a Malaysian style Pasar Malam or Petaling Street.


Even the goods are not really for ladies. Can’t imagine a lady wearing these on their body.

Next, I headed Goldfish Street(金魚街). Do you know that in Chinese ‘goldfish’ also meant prostitute? So I thought I was a sort of red light district, so curiosity got the best of me to try exploring this area. Guess what I realize? It was really an area selling goldfish! Damn!


4 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

haha.. almost like petaling street to me.. =P

kenwooi.com

Tony Wan said...

lol goldfish lol

Don be disappointed ya... There's still lots of RED DISTRICT in HK :D

AsX said...

Kenwooi -> Yeah, exactly :)

Tony Wan -> Oh? where? :P

J2Kfm said...

found that ladies' street and the likes do not offer much in terms of cheap clothings and such.
or maybe we were not that good in searching?