10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Journey From Shenzhen to MeiZhou (My Phone Got Stolen!!!)

My phone was stolen! It was raining and the bus had just stopped at LuoHu bas station. There were already a few Chinese folks waiting at the door trying to sell umbrella. I decided it was best to ignore them because there was too many cheating case around. So, I struggled through the Chinese crowd and went to retrieve the luggage. After that I walked to the nearest shelter, by then I realized that my HTC TyTn II was no longer there! @#$%^&*

I went back to the place but the bus had just left; and I tried calling my phone but it could no longer be reached. My hatred against China and Chinese (China-made) had reached a new level!

Earlier on, when I was on the way to Shenzhen by flying with Air Asia, I realized that Chinese people not only talked loudly but could not sit still at all. After the flight took off, and “Fasten Seat Belt” sign was no longer on, I felt like someone had opened the cage and monkeys started to roam freely in the plane. My seat was kicked and pushed all the time when the 3 Chinese sitting behind kept moving around to talk with their 同志 (Counterpart). I barely could grab any sleep especially when anyone of them started laughing loudly. Damn, Monkeys!

So feeling tired and miserable, I got off the plane 4 hours later. All the passengers were then screened through by the Health officers to make sure that we were H1N1 free.

By the way, you should try listening to a Chinese (again China-made) trying to explain the procedure in English. It not only sounded like Korean but I really did not understand a word at all! From the airport to Luohu bus station, the bus ticket cost RMB20. I actually took lots of photos but sadly MY PHONE WAS STOLEN!!! *sniff sniff*

After blocking my sim card and grumbling over the lost phone for 2 hours (the phone that accompanied me to India L), I boarded the train to Meizhou. It was 5 hours ride and the ticket cost RMB73.

Again, I could not grab much sleep because every stop there was people selling stuffs, but this was no ordinary people, it was the train staffs themselves! They stop in the middle of the train and started promoting socks, toothbrushes, cigarette filters and counterfeit identifying device!

By the way, China is famous of using counterfeit stuff such as fake money, train tickets, phone, cigarette, etc. I was warned by my parents to always examine the money before receiving them because of too many this kind of cases! There were cases where u gave the shopkeepers real RMB100 note but later they calmed that it was fake and returned you a fake note.

So, arrived Meizhou at 8:45pm, checked into a hotel and then went for dinner at nearby shop. I noticed there were no stray dog around Meizhou, why? Because of this!

There were many shops selling dog meat! This means that if you want to have a dog in Meizhou, choose the small skinny ones like Chiwawa, not those fat and meaty ones like American Bull Dog; else the poor dog will become something like American Style Creamy Bull Dog Soup and “part” of the dog might become a real meat-‘balls’!

It was a long tiring trip to Meizhou, but I cursed the person who stole my phone! Hope my phone will accompany you to your grave! @#$%^&*()*&^%


7 comments:

Sean Lon said...

hey! i feel u man! iwent there once n just 2 let u know.. lou hu is da worst place as highest crime incidents!
i witnessed several incidents there of pick pocket n my uncle nearly fall victim once.
hv a safe journey. lol.
becareful n yeah.. i prefer hk ppl .. they r more civilized actually.

foongpc said...

Oh, sorry you lost your phone! I will die if I lose my handphone! Cannot survive without it!

Chinese so rough and loud? I haven't been to China before but will be going in August. Will take note of Chinese people tricking and conning with fake money!

Dog meat?! Yikes! I won't eat it! : )

AsX said...

Sean Lon -> Thanks for the info, man!Oh gee, i would need to stopover there on my way back.

foongpc -> August? Take care! It was a culture shock for me.

Lion in the Jungle said...

poor thing, but that also means new phone is coming? perhaps a nokia?

dreckker said...

hey dude... you okay there or not??

AsX said...

Lion -> Let's see lar, so rich ah?

Dreckker -> I'm not okay there, but i'm okay now! Even if i need to spend another night at LCCT :P.

Lion in the Jungle said...

eh i didnt ask you to get the hi-end one ler..

nokia 3310 good enough wahahhaha