10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Snow Beer (雪花啤酒) @ Ipoh

When I was in Ipoh, I was introduced to beer which was ‘snowed’, or they called it ‘Snow Beer’ in Mandarin Direct Translation (雪花啤酒). I had in at a sort of hidden place (Gee i make it sounded like an 'illegal' area) in Ipoh town called Restaurant Fren’s Corner. It was so hidden that it could not be found on wikimapia (at where the cursor is pointing).

 

The trick was they iced the mug; so that when cold beer was poured into the mug, the water content of beer was immediately snowed while not the alcohol content. It was a nice sight, but I had a lousy camera to capture it nicely. L 

For those who didn’t know, they would probably blame the waitress for her bad technique in pouring the beer because the snow portion looked very foamy. 

Anyway, snow beer seemed to suit Malaysia weather because of it coldness and any beer could also be ‘snowed’.

 

When you go to that place, don’t expect anything else except for the beer. No pretty waitresses accompanying you, no special lightings, and it was just an open area. Maybe that was why it was not found in wikimapia. Oh gee, I missed Lounge 2 @ Kuching!

2 comments:

Lion in the Jungle said...

is it near this?
http://kuanlion.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-ipoh-cameron-highland-trip-part-2.html

foongpc said...

Oh, never heard of this thing called snow beer and definitely don't know this place in Ipoh! Interesting, but no pretty waitresses? Hmmm...