10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Old Phone (No Mood for Blogging)

Okay, I have to admit it. Lately there is no mood for blogging at all. I mean blogging for the public, because I have made blogging as part of my daily task for my company – using blogging method to entertain everyone in my office. Yeah, how cool is that! But I still have to do my daily task, so ended up 24 hours was not enough for me.

Anyway, the other reason is that my crappy older phone is a turn off for me to snap photos or connect to the internet at home. Still cursing whoever that stole my phone! By the way, I learnt that in China, a new bicycle costs RMB90 (almost RM50) and a second hand motorcycle costs RMB600+ (almost RM350). So, you can imagine how rich was the person who stole my handphone which cost RM2K (almost RMB4000). Maybe for him or her, it was like hitting a jackpot! Imagine how many bicycles or motorcycles that person has now!

So, what phone I am using now? These 2 – Sony Ericson J230i and Motorola A780. The former one is for public use and the later one is for private / personal use. So, whoever have my digi number, yes, you are important to me. J

A780 is the one i’m using as a replacement for my stolen phone, it considered as the first phone I bought from the savings of my first, second and third paychecks 4 years ago. It was an high-end phone during that time with touch screen capability. Imagine how cool during that time when I flipped my phone and answered it and then I could use the touch screen feature for my work stuff! But now it feels like a brick to me.

Anyway, I love to find special reasons to get a new phone – my HTC TyTn II reminded me my first business trip, the cheap SE J230i reminded me of my current job that restricts camera usage in the lab and my A780 reminded me of my first job. So, before I have special reason to get a new one, I would try to make the best out of it. Well think of it, this phone is good in some ways, it’s crime deterrent in the first place. Don’t get what I mean? Watch this commercial.

Yeah, I won’t hesitate to throw it at someone because when I was working in Motorola last time, I got to know that my phone passed 3-storey height of drop test. That means if it’s a need, I could use it as a hammer to drive the nails into the wall or even smashing those hard shell crabs. Not bad of a handphone!

Still, this phone is getting old and partially malfunctioned. I could not answer it by putting on my ear because the internal speaker is dead but it is okay when I put on speaker phone mode. I felt like talking on walkie-talkie when answering the phone, there goes my privacy if I don’t have my headset with me. In addition, I lost my stylus and the external keypad could not be used anymore, only could use my hand on the touchscreen for dialing.

By the way, I was tempted by someone who recently got her hand on a suspected imitation Chinese phone. It was way better than those high-end handphones with those nicely integrated features. If not for the suspected high-radiation and the possibility of exploding in my pocket, killing my ‘reproduction engine’, I might be getting one for myself! Maybe I should rephrase my words, if I am a girl, I will get one! J



4 comments:

RealGunners said...

mayb your phone is just worth RMB200 in China?

Lion in the Jungle said...

if you are a girl you put your phone in a handbag!

AsX said...

Gunner -> Nah, they are still using 3310 over there. I guess whoever can power on my phone over there might be a genius!

Lion -> Ooo, it's safer!

renaye said...

u blog for ur company? wow! that is so cool! r u a webmaster?