10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Air Asia X Experience

Yeah, I’m back after a long vacation in Australia. Time to share some of my experiences since the first day till the day I came back. So my next few blogs would be about my trip in Australia.

Have you fly with Air Asia X? The slogan is “Now Everyone Could Fly Xtra long”.

I really agree with them:

1. Xtra long queue, although they opened up more counters for my trip.

Still there are lots of people!

Anyway, thanks to the lady at the counter for checking me in.

2. Xtra long flying time. I flew for 9 hours, from day timetill night.

3. Xtra long backpain. Look at the distance between the seats. If you could are not sitting in those XL seat, better prepare something for your back.

As for the meal, if you book online, you can opt for international meal or local meal set. For international meal, I had chicken with potatoes and long beans; whereas local meal was Nasi Lemak.

A complete meal set consisted of the food, a bottle of mineral water and a chocolate bar.

At first I was surprised that there was an entertainment system available at every seat. But my surprise was taken away after I learnt we need to pay for the movies, music and games.

One interesting thing about the entertainment system is that we could chat with other passengers just like those Internet Messenger stuff, but please make sure you ping the correct pretty girl or handsome guy in the plane. I almost ended up chatting with the wrong person (Hey, he looked like a girl, type like a girl until he said his name was Jefferson. Knowing that, I changed my seat because luckily there were empty seats around. I was in seat 51H, so my username is 51H, and it could not be erased, unless you are the air-stewardess or air-steward or maybe the pilot… I think)

6 comments:

RealGunners said...

shit.. i was thinking, now we can go to london affordably.. don't think even the XL seats will do me any good...

Anonymous said...

Wow! cool chatting system in plane.
Dint know that.
Hate the LCCT airport very much tho.

sean.at.ua/blog

AsX said...

Gunner, I never try the seat so cannot comment it yet, but my seat was really killing me. Once a while i need to stand up because my whole body was becoming numb.

Sean, how come your flight don't have such system?

Anonymous said...

Great post and love the photos. Always good to hear reviews on air asia. TRhe long haul flights to oz and the uk are no doubt interesting!
airasiareviews.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The seat is narrow by only 1 inch than standard A330 but the seat pitch got 33 inch. The seat pitch is 4 inch longer than the normal A320. The seat reclinement is suck because will recline by moving the seat infront and reduce the leg space. Avoid Cathay and Emirates because there are also using this type of seat in their new airplane.

Faяis said...

umm, Emirates doesn't have hard-back shell seats. Not in Economy anyway