10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Behavioral Test

Recently my department had arranged everyone to take a behavioral test which cost my department USD45 for each employee. For non-employee who are interested in taking the test would cost them USD80+. The test was conducted by a company called Viatech Global and the behavioral test was called “DISC Assessment”.

When I first heard of behavioral test, I thought I would be locked inside a cage and being observed like Monkey…

…or other way round.

I was wrong. It was a written test and my answers was examined and studied by professionals. A 23-page report was then generated.

Today, we had a training session called “Language of DISC”. The objective was just to let us know what DISC stand for as well as how to read our reports and understand it. In other word, we were taught to understand ourselves, understand others (peer and bosses) and how to work together. By now you should understand why my department was paying for such test.

In short, there are four aspects of behavior in a person – Dominance (D), Influence (I), Steadiness (S) and Conscientiousness (C). For more information, please check the wikipedia page for DISC.

Apparently, I had “High C” and “D” but my “C” is slightly higher - an implementer. This means that (from what they explained) I start things slow but finish things fast, creative, vacillating and temperamental.

I guess my department would not pay USD45 to some company for some craps, right? So I guess I should believe in what they said. So these were my rules of engagement!

Please do this:

Please don’t do this (if you want to stay alive):

How would I see myself and others sees myself. By the way, the instructor said that perception was just what we thought and not guaranteeing it was really like that. And my response that popped up from my head was “Say like not saying anything (In Hokkien or Mandarin)”. So here is the perception part:

Generally, it seems that what is written in my report seems to be true. For my friends, if you want to have a look at my report, feel free to ask from me. Sorry not for public viewing because my real name is inside the report.
Well, now for sure I am not a Monkey! Some of my teacher had been calling me that since young that i thought i am becoming it! Phew!



7 comments:

Lion in the Jungle said...

I did a simpler version of what you had. I'm a high D n I, none of the C and a little of S i think.. but i remember the D n I part la..anyways our's is simple answer 10 simple question only so need to pay USD 45 lo..

dreckker said...

you dominant meh??? sure you didn't bluff ahh???

RealGunners said...

u just exposed ur name la.. =.= look closely..

AsX said...

Gunner, thanks for pointing that. Corrected! Phew! Luckily i didn't expose my surname. Unfortunately, i have something to show off in my next blog...hohoho!

Dreckker, you mean Lion right?

Lion, again, u dominant meh? Tot you always like woman on top of you.... sorry i mean womEn!

Lion in the Jungle said...

AsX Having women on top, is not about dominant, it's about "eh I tired of rocking about la you climb on top n do you job la!"

So you COMMAND her to go on top by INfluencing her mah... so that's where the D n I comes in the play lo...

AsX said...

Lion, is it? Or it is like,
Girl:" Wrong wrong wrong, it should be like this! *climb up*"

Lion in the Jungle said...

AsX remember wat i told you about mr Cow and the girl on top thingy? sometimes is that senario la hahhahahaha