10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Entering Australia Is Really Tough

Entering Australia seems like a difficult task. Other than the usual visa and passport check by Malaysian Custom, or through Malaysia Passport Autogate,there would be another manual passport inspection and interview session by some officers before you were placed in an isolated room.Yup, Australia bonded passengers was isolated from other passengers. For a while I felt like I had some disease until could not breath the same air as other passengers.

The air plane would need to be sterilized by some chemical spraying before reaching Australia for insect control reason. Luckily they announced that before spraying, else I would have thought someone farted.

Everyone going into Australia would need to fill an Incoming Passenger Card. The back side looked normal like all immigration card for any country.

The front part was where all those tricky questions came in. Example, Questions 9 had me cleaning my shoe in the washroom; and Question 8 had me checking my shoe whether it was made from animal skin or not.

According to my brother, it was always good to declare something even if you have nothing to declare. The reason was that if you were caught with undeclared item, the officer would slap you with a minimum AUD300 fine.

All bags would need to be x-rayed and dogs would be deployed to smell you and your bags.

These scanning and smelling would be done in an isolated area before you were released to mingle with other Australians.

Somehow, I still didn’t understand why they were putting the posters below in the toilet. Were they trying to tell me something?

3 comments:

Kelvin Sim said...

I encounter that before. the Aus immi at the aiport was strict. but that was good i thought.. compared to malaysian immi, everything can get thru them easily.n that will cause lots of unwanted items smuggle in our country.

RealGunners said...

too small la the pic, can't see what Q8 and Q9 is..

AsX said...

Kelvin, ya i guess that's why Aus is a safer place than Malaysia.

Gunner, enlarging the questions for u dy.