10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Places of Interest in Penang for The Elderly

Last 2 weeks, I brought my relatives from Kuching around Penang. It seem that there are not much interesting places for younger generation but for elderly there are really a lot, because their intention is pray, pray and pray.Maybe my relatives’ final destination for their trip was gambling in Genting Highland, so they would need all the praying luck they got!

So, these were the places I brought them:

Wat Chaiya Mangalaram (Reclining Buddha temple)
This temple hosts one of the prettiest and longest reclining Buddha in the world. As a respect, I didn’t take any photo on the statue of Buddha, so you need to visit here to see it yourself.

Under or behind the reclining Buddha there are lots of urns of the dead. I didn’t know that this is also the final resting place of some people.

Anyway, if I showed these photos to others, people thought that I went to Thailand!

Visiting hours is 7am till 6pm everyday. If you come after 6pm, Buddha will be sleeping, so do not disturb!

Burmese Buddhist Temple
Just across the road, it’s the Burmese Buddhist Temple. The setting really looks like from Burma! The structure of the building seems gold plated, so it looks really grand!

I managed to find my Chinese Horoscope there! Yeah I’m a Cock, i meant Rooster!

I didn’t know that this temple is also considered as a historical ground by Penang state. The history of this place went back long long time ago, cool! Now, I really feel younger!

Aha! A well! Maybe I could throw some coin and a pretty girl would jump out? Hold on, this well was built long time ago, maybe a granny would jump out. Better don’t try!

Hey, do you know that the bowls in the middle was spinning? If I had enough change I might try to see if all my coins went into all bowls and maybe I could win a Buddha statue! Damn, not enough change!

According to the description, our world is guided by these 2 animal-like guardians! Hmm, you guys better threat animals with care! Who knows your pet dog and cat might rule over you one day! Can’t imagine me fetching shoe for my dog one day… oh wait! I don’t have pet dog now!

Kek Lok Si Temple (Temple of Supreme Bliss)
Next, it was a visit to the Kek Lok Si Temple. This is one of the best known temple in Penang. It is well-funded by the devotees, so the building structure is well-maintained. Currently the temple is on renovation and since it was raining that day, I didn’t manage to capture nice photos.

One thing surprised me was that I spotted a Muslim over there! Hey, this is really sporting! This shows that this is Malaysia and we really respect all religion, culture and race! I hope she did not end up here because she was lost.



2 comments:

dreckker said...

yawnnn......

BORING...... -______-'

..........
........
......
....
..

AsX said...

Ya, i know... tat's y i blog about pretty girl again. You should be happier rite?