10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Bangalore Disaster - Flood and Power Cuts

It’s the beginning of another week, a working day for India but a public holiday for Malaysia. Monday is usually a meeting day between me and Israel team, so usually even it is a holiday I would still be working, unless I am on outstation.

Yesterday it was raining whole day. So the headline in the newspaper for this morning would be about flooding at some area. According to the newspaper, apparently the few days rain has caused their river, Kosi River overflow, resulting water having nowhere to flow.


Intermittent power cuts have made my room like a haunted mansion - every once a while the lights flicker. When I am enjoying my favorite movie or drama on TV, suddenly there is no reception signal, reminding me to go for toilet break. When I’m in the toilet focusing my ‘business’, the power cut actually helps to blast everything out by surprising me.

So, how does power cut affect the business in those shops? On Saturday, when I was at Brigade Road; upon power failure, all shop assistants rushed out of the shop as if it was a fire drill. They unpacked box-like equipments and within seconds it blew smokes while making awful loud noises. Electricity was then back to normal.


I can’t imagine living in Bangalore would be like having to face these disasters and also the stressful traffic condition everyday. So here is my salute to all Bangaloreans! And to all Malaysian, be thankful we are not facing these conditions and Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

munytang said...

yeah, the rain can be bad this time of the year. Hang in there, you'll be back home soon. The power cuts are quite normal after you get used to it....

AsX said...

Oh, i thought it happen lately because the first week when i was here, everything was fine. Now u make it sound like it is quite normal... Phew, i thought i bring bad luck to Bangalore...