10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Saw Dead People?!!!

I think that foongpc would be interested in this entry (Supernatural stuff excites him!), so let me dedicate this to him as well as to my grandparents! Sorry for no photos or pictures!

 

I faintly remembered spending time with my grandfather when I was young. I am quite sure about that. I knew that I was pretty young, at the age of 3 or 4. And I could already walk or maybe mummer a few words. I remember asking for my grandfather and I remember my older cousin cheating me to keep all my messy toys because my grandfather was coming.

 

I was quite sure about that until one day when I went to pray at my grandfather tomb, it was written that my grandfather died 4 months after my birth! That means that it was impossible that I could even play with him! To make it worse, I was born in a city called Miri, whereas my grandparents were living with my uncle’s in Kuching. My parents only moved back to Kuching when I was around 3 years old; and we were so poor that we need to live together with my uncle. So, who I was spending my time with that time? He looked like the person in the photo labeled as my grandfather and I really could remember he was wearing a white singlet. It must be him!

 

On a separate case, about 10 years ago, when my grandmother passed away, we organized the praying ceremony at the place she stayed which was my uncle’s house. My grandmother’s body was placed inside an open casket to let everyone have a last look. As you know, children not knowing what was death were playing around the house, screaming and laughing. There was a person (I could not remember who) went to the children trying to explain or teaching them what was death. That person asked “Do you know where is your grandmother now?”  One of the children pointed at an empty bed inside the room where my grandmother used to stay and said that she was sleeping over there. No one dared to challenge that kid’s words but I was glad that grandmother’s spirit was still around us at that time.


There was a belief that children were able to see spirits or ghosts and this led to a study or research being conducted. It was quite an interesting piece of research or study! I believe that children has this ability because of my experience, do you?

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...!!!It's kinda...unbelievable!!!Really!Your post made me think of my grandfather too...it's been a long time since he left us...

AsX said...

Geogy, so did he 'come' back to visit u too? I guess when it comes to someone close, we are not afraid if he is a ghost or spirit, right?

Anonymous said...

AsX, I agree with you.. As long as it is someone that you know.. You wish that they are always near as if they never left..

Annoymous said...

I think there is such a thing like this.

Anonymous said...

walaueh, freaky man. Now never encounter it dy of coz easy to say la. Wait till suddenly ur grandpa stand in front of ur bed in the middle of the nite. See ur balls kecut boh? keke ;p

-Su

Anonymous said...

people say children can see ghosts or angels because they r innocent and not polluted as adults but still.... i can feel the presence of spirits. and frighteningly ... my vision of seeing them .. is coming back .....

wait.. foongpc is a guy? not a girl?

anyway .. sorry bout the baboons. pls feel free to leave ur comments in the c-box. thank u for always visiting my blog.

foongpc said...

Wow! I like this story! And it's a true story right? So you saw your grandfather's ghost! How did you feel when you first discovered the truth?

I think children's mind are pure so they can see ghosts and feel vibrations easier than adults. That's why some people carry a baby into a house they intend to buy to test whether the house is "clean". If the baby cries, the house is considered "unclean" and should not be bought.

The research link you provided is very interesting! : )

AsX said...

foongpc -> Yeah, it is a true story. I remember him as a person and not a photo on the wall.

When i discovered the truth, it didn't really hit me till i did the math on my head. And ya, i was surprised, but still the familiar 'sight' of my grandfather or the feeling of grandfather was there overcome the scary feelings.

AsX said...

renaye -> you could feel spirits? That's a cool gift.... well.. as long as they dun hurt you. Ya, foongpc is a guy. And at first i thought you are a girl too... or i am wrong? Anyway, thx for the visit, i shall leave my comment on ur chatbox next time. ;)

momo -> Ya, 100% agree

Harmony -> Yup, and cat could see ghost too rite?

Su -> Will surely 'kecut' for a while, but will overcome that immediately.