10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Cologne and Advice (Don’t buy Fake Ones)

Update 12:13am 22/2/09: Thanks to Su for bringing up this. It seems that ‘Perfume’ and ‘Cologne’ are mistakenly characterized as for woman and man. If you browse around the website, this mistake is widely published. So, in order to be correct, let’s refer it as fragrance. Still I don’t suggest you go to shop asking for ‘Men perfume’ or ‘Woman cologne’. This article explains the difference.

I always thought that fragrances are for those who:

1. Never bath for days;

2. Have very bad body odor (some people smell like corpse); and

3. Attract the opposite sex.

 

Until I got my first cologne 4-5 years back as a gift from a girl, that I changed my perception. Actually, at first I thought that the gift was a hidden message that I smell really bad; but sooner or later, I found out that the real reason was that her parent bought guy cologne instead of female perfume for her! This was the very first cologne I had and it was from Bvlgari.

For those who know, female fragrance is called ‘perfume’ whereas male fragrance is called ‘cologne’. So if you are a guy wearing perfume, you have problem! And for Italian fragrance, ‘Pour Homme’ means ‘For Him’ and ‘Pour Femme’ means ‘For Her’. Again, if you are a girl wearing a fragrance with ‘Pour Homme’ written, don’t complain that girls are attracted to you.

 

Since then, I was addicted to cologne and I have been buying the same brand everytime I went travelling. So for now, I’m using these 3 at the same time but for different occasions or days.

Anyway, similar to woman wearing makeup (not those heavy ones), I think fragrance is also a formality or respect to the people you meet. Because wherever you go, you might carry the smell from the environment with you. For example, if you have been to the cafeteria or burger stall, you might smell like food for a while; or if you have been to the toilet, there is the possibility that you smell like….emm.. you know what. It would be a bonus if it could attract girls but for now… nah… none! Not like this advertisement:

 

 

By the way, here is a fragrance that I don’t think anyone would use…. Would you?


 

Here is an advice from me, not to buy fragrance from the street because it might be fake. It is hard to prove that it’s the real thing and this might happen to you:

 

  1. The so-called perfume might re-colors your clothing or wherever you have sprayed it.
  2. From the scent of “Eau de toilett”, you would smell like “I’m in toilet” after half an hour.
  3. You as well as everyone around you either get sick or died but still smelling nice (It’s poisonous!)
  4. If you are lucky, you would see minor rashes from your skin, similar to mosquito bite; if you are not, the rashes would make you looks like dying from AIDS.
  5. For unknown reason, instead of girls or guys following you, ants start to crawl over your body, cats start to follow you around, or even worse dogs start humping on your legs.

 

This is a checklist to spot fake fragrance. [click here]


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wei, perfume & cologne is not necessarily gender specific. They are just a type of fragrances of different aromatic compounds.


-Su

AsX said...

Okay, got it, thanks!

foongpc said...

Thanks for this info, AsX! I also didn't know the difference between cologne and perfume! Haha!

Anonymous said...

Can give CK ONE a try. Smells really good.

AsX said...

foongpc -> I also dunno that in the first place, so we need to thanks Su. :)

Horizon -> Hmmm I bet you are wearing that, right? Ya, i will try that next time. Thanks for the suggestion. :)