10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Are You That Actor on TV?

It was around 4pm. I was strolling at Queensbay Mall hunting for my ‘brunchea’  (breakfast + lunch + afternoon tea), where I saw 2 pretty girls walking in front of him, whispering to each other while kept turning back their heads. I sort of overheard one of them saying “Is it him? It must be….”

 

Suddenly they stopped and turned around facing me. One of the girl (the cute one) asked me, “Are you the guy on TV?

 

I was shocked and froze for a while. I had not watched any TV shows for quite sometime, and the first thing that crossed my mind was Malaysia started to have those candid camera shows that had caught me doing some stupid stuff on TV.  I panic. My first response was “No, no, no, you got the wrong guy.

 

The other girl (prettier one) tried to reassure “ Are you sure you are not the actor, ‘blah blah blah’ (didn’t catch the name) that starred in ‘blah blah blah’ (I was in panic mode, didn’t catch the show name either)?

 

I was relieved a bit because she mentioned ‘actor’. I answered cheekily but honestly, “If you like that actor, I would like to be him but sorry I am not”.

 

I then introduced myself and managed to get their names – Angie and Yik Hung (雨虹). We exchanged numbers but it didn’t cross my mind to take a picture with them (Still recovering from panic mode) before we parted ways.

 

But seriously, do I look like some guy on TV? Let me try to display my photo and you tell me. Maybe that actor only acted on a small portion on that particular show - maybe those janitors sweeping the street that had a few seconds of fame.

Don’t think I would be calling them up, but this was the second time I knew pretty girls from odd situation. The first one was when I was having coffee with Dreckker at a hotel in Kuching (if not mistaken, the hotel was called ‘Holiday Inn’). It was after midnight and my flight to Penang was in the afternoon. 3 girls who were sitting in front of our table requested the waiter to pass a note to me.

 

The note was written “Are you Sean?” Obviously, they had gotten the wrong guy. So, being a gentleman, I walked over to introduce myself, while leaving Dreckker sipping his lonely coffee (He grumbled to me after that). I could not remember their names but we exchanged numbers after our short chat. I never called them up, even forgotten which numbers belonged to them (should be still stored in my phone).

10 comments:

Unknown said...

ahemmmm...

AsX said...

Is that a good ahemmmm or bad ahemmm?

Lion in the Jungle said...

someone syok sendiri rupa rupa nye...

AsX said...

Lion -> Sure syok lar... It's not everyday u can be an actor. Do you want the girls' number?

Unknown said...

ermmmm...

AsX said...

Cath -> Emmm? means bad... rite? Or u know i look like which actor?

Lion in the Jungle said...

AsX: can also...with picture even better

Cath: it's a guy thing...

Anonymous said...

What don't you try and participate in the Queensbay Model Search 2009 - Vogue for Virtue then?

Check out the website at http:// www.queensbaymallmalaysia.com and registration starts on April 4.

If you look like an Actor, maybe the search model competition will do you justice. :)

Good luck

LifeAtQueens (www.queensbayshoppingmall.com)

AsX said...

LifeAtQueens -> Thx but no thx. :) For me , i guess it must be a case of mistaken identity, and i think an actor also dun need to look like a model right?

Maybe I can ask Cath to participate. Thanks for the info!

dreckker said...

sien ahh... bugger showing off...

-______-''