10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Reaching for Support (Donation for Yvonne)

Update 27/3 5:05pm: Funeral details - 9.00am on 29th March 2009 (Sunday), refer to map for location.

Update 27/3 7:35am: Received an sms msg: "Yvonne has just passed away." 


Earlier this month, I got to know from Lessy that her friend cum colleague, Yvonne Leow suffered from Lymphoma cancer which name as Burkitt and currently in stage 4. She was just 30 years old, but currently under intensive care unit of Penang GMC hospital.  This really saddens me, why this is happening to her at such young age, where she has just started a family.

 

Surfing through the blog that is updated by her husband everyday, I can’t help it but feeling moody. I look at myself, all those bad lucks I am suffering could not compare to this, not even a little bit.

 

Although I don’t know Yvonne, I sincerely hope that she could recover soon. Hope she would continue fighting and not giving up the slightest chance! That is I tried to my very best to help. Currently, Yvonne’s medical bill has exceeded her medical coverage and there are 2 ways to help out – Making blood donation to Penang GMC blood bank under her name, and every donation could help deducting RM50 from her medical bill; or make monetary donation.

 

Since I consider my blood as dirty and full of bad cholesterol, I opted for monetary donation instead. Today, with the help of some colleagues, we managed to collect some money to pass to Yvonne’s husband. But still, I don’t think I have done enough to help out. Therefore, I try to blog this out, hoping to get more supports from everyone out there. For all kind hearted people out there, if you are interested to place some support, you could always make donation to the account below. Yvonne’s full name is Leow Ying Won; and her husband’s name is Anthony See Chaur Yih.

Maybank Account: 557175410230

Name: See Chaur Yih

Tel: 0164044321

For Penangites, you could always go to GMC Blood Bank to do donation under Yvonne’s name (Leow Ying Won); but remember to schedule an appointment before going there.

 

I don’t know why I am so involved in this, especially for someone I don’t even know, maybe because I felt the warmness when someone expressed their supports when I was laying half dead, suffering from Herpes Zoster Virus. Maybe because someone really helped me a lot that time till I wish to spread out this act of kindness.

 

For now, I wish everything goes well for Yvonne….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is too uncertain, sometimes we are too stubborn for particular thing. Really have to appreciate our life

Lion in the Jungle said...

R.I.P. Yvonne Leow

As_x you need a hug? (asking of behalf of "chicken"...)

AsX said...

Anonymous -> I agree with you. Life is fragile, we should appreciate every bit of life.

Lion -> Ya, i need one. Can i ask a girl's hug instead?