10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Buffet at The Golden Triangle @ Queensbay Mall

It was the eve of my brother’s birthday. Just in case my brother had some plan on the actual day, I decided to treat him for dinner on Saturday. He suggested the Golden Triangle at Queensbay Mall after seeing the promotion advertisement.

 

The first impression was not that good because the restaurants worker was not Malaysian, seemed like from either Vietnam, Laos or Thailand; because I told him that we her made some reservation and she looked at me with ‘question mark’ on her forehead. I then said booking then she understood. But this proved that the restaurant prepared actual food originated from these places!

 

The environment was quite good but sadly it seemed that no much people knew the existence of this place!











Arming ourselves with plate, spoon and forks, we were ready for food.

 

These were the menus for the buffet. There were some strange food names like ‘Choo Chee Fish’, ‘Namprik Kapit’ and ‘Papet Prawn’; but we decided not to take the risk. J

 




We later realized that the food actually came in the portion of 2! Luckily we did not double the quantities.

 

The juice was made fresh but sadly there were only 3 choices, pineapple, umbra, watermelon; my bro picked umbra.

 

So, these were what we ordered:

 

Deep Fried Spicy Soft Shell Crabs, not really spicy but very crunchy!

 

Tempura Fried Sotong, I thought this was Japanese stuff? A Japanese who lived in Thailand created this?

 

Thai Curry Powdered Prawns, I realized Thai Curry was also not spicy, unlike Malaysia ones. But look at the size of the prawns! And the prawns were fresh too!

 

Seafood Otak-otak in Coconut. Usually when we ordered this outside, there was no proof of it being cooked in coconut; maybe they cooked in coconut essence or artificial coconut flavoring. This was the real stuff! And look at the content inside – Prawns and Sotong (Calamari)!

 



Tom Yam Seafood Soup, okay, this was a real spicy stuff! I ordered another glass of water just because of this! There was no shortage of ingredient inside.

 


Sotong in Spicy Thai Sauce, still not that spicy, but it tasted good!

 

We ordered a plate of Belacan Fried Rice because some of the dishes really need accompanied by rice. Or maybe we as Asian could not live without rice!

 

As for desert, we took risk and ordered ‘Thap Thim Krop’! It was a water chestnut cooked in coconut milk, not bad!

 

Looking at the menu posted on their website, the restaurant workers should hate us! We ate so much! But honestly, it was a great buffet! Would be visiting there next time! If there was no such promotion after today, yeah, you could blame me and my brother!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy....
now penang started to have smth like kl... eat all u can in reasonable price....
i like the dessert... look v yummy.. n deadly ... (coconut milk lol -)

AsX said...

Ya, it was pretty nice. So, if you wanna go and no companion, you can always seek for me. :)