10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Have Recovered...

I have finished up my last antibiotic pill as well as the cream.

My doctor said that my disease is no longer contagious so I could announce that this virus was part of my disease history. The infected portion on my hand is drying up. 

The skin on my eyes had peeled off, leaving only scars for me to remember. 


People told me that I looked like I had not been sleeping for ages. I hope I could remove the scar. Any idea how I could do that? By using mask (I am a guy, I don’t know this)?

As for my back, I have been controlling myself not to scratch but once a while I lost control. It is sooo *beep* (this word is forbidden as according to my advisor).  

Sadly, I need to scrap my tombstone. I thought I was dying in the first place but I was disappointed with the recovery (dying is a good thing for me :p).

 

An old lady told me that I would be having bad luck for 6 months after having such illness. I am going to test out this theory next Friday because I am given a free room at Genting for my birthday....Weeeee!

 

Anyway, thanks so much for the wishes - from blog comments, msn, phone calls, cards to sms. Thank you advisor and advisor’s advisor (her mum) for the advices and comments as well as the worries. J

 

I shall check with my advisor on my diet and how long I would need to continue my current bread and water diet. Because Chinese interpretation of recovery is different than western physician. L

2 comments:

foongpc said...

Hi AsX! Sorry to hear about your herpes zoster (shingles) - I hope you are OK now.

I'm surprised the first doctor did not diagnose you correctly. I thought shingles are quite common nowadays!

Is it true that according to the Chinese, if the snake form a complete circle on your body, you will die? Scary!!

AsX said...

Hi foongpc, thanks for the wishes! Yeah, this is wat the old folks say so regarding the circle formed portion. It might be true if we see it in medical view, the virus already multiplied along the nerve and if a circle is formed, then that means most of that portion has already being populated by the virus, thus might result in death. Who knows..