10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Great Depression

I guess it is time I start to share what was bothering me this few days. Sorry that I have to restrict you guys in commenting this entry because I think this is something personal and I only use this blog to pour out my worries or sadness.

 

It was reported in New Straight Times that Malaysia is going to lose another 50,000 jobs this year. I guessed the economy will be going haywire soon. For some companies, they are trying to stay ‘alive’ by reviewing their operation cost quarter by quarter whereas some have already cut workers’ salaries just to survive the economy.

 

The impact? Higher crime rate because too many jobless people. Some people have to sell of their houses or cars because they could no longer afford the monthly installment after their salary was being cut. In short, it is getting hard to keep all commitments because of this situation.

 

At first I thought the economy has no effect on me because if I lost this one, I had backup plan that could set in motion anytime. However, I realized that this option has started to fade away. With no backup plan, my balls really started to shrink because I am counting on my current job. So, no more complain on the hectic schedule, no more complain on the low salary, no more complain on how many people’s job portion that I need to do. Just try to satisfy my boss as hard as I could. Damn… now I feel like a chicken!

 

I guess I need to apologize to my gay lover, for not able to keep my promise and go back to my hometown in future. Instead, I am currently planning to have my parents moving to Penang because comparatively the salary I have over here is twice what is offered in Kuching. In addition, I already have a mode of transportation and accommodation over here. It is nothing luxurious but at least a shelter under the sun and a vehicle to move around.

 

It should not be that hard for them to adjust to the living condition over here because Kuching and Penang are very similar – majority is Chinese, and majority Chinese speaks Hokkien. The only problem is they would need to make new friends.

 

Sigh…. The difficulty of my life has gone up a notch!