10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Monday, March 9, 2009

'Slumdog Millonaire' Saddens Me!

Have you watch ‘Slumdog Millionaire’? If no, then you should go and watch it! They really deserve the Oscar awards! Usually when it comes to Oscar winning movies, I would usually prefer cartoons because most of them are pretty boring.

 

This one is really different and some of the scenes really sadden me because this is what really happened in India! Those caste systems are very obvious and you really could see lots of beggars especially children on the street, asking for money.

 

I remembered seeing a cute little girl dancing in front of me when I was strolling around one day. She was about 5 years old and very adorable. I reached my hand in my pocket and handed over some small change to her. She was so happy. However after watching this movie, I realized that there was actually some syndicate controlling them. To make it worse, it seemed that she might be forced into a prostitute when she grew up. If my tear ducts are functioning (I have no been crying for a few years), I might have started crying! Lessy who had been to India understood my feeling. She also related what she saw regarding a little boy.  

 

Still having a taste of sour on the tip of my tongue…. I think I am going to be down for a while… By the way, nice movie!


1 comment:

foongpc said...

I have yet to watch this movie. Must find the time to watch it! : )