10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Friday, April 3, 2009

I Broke My Watch (Changeable Attitude Salesman)

It was a heartache moment for me. My Omega Seamaster seemed ‘decapitated’ but it was all my fault, I accidentally dropped it during my shower after my gym session. Maybe it fell by itself, screaming “I rather drop dead than seeing u naked!”

 

People usually said that branded real products are better in quality. But this is usually not the case. Most of the time, pirated goods seem to last longer than the original one, although the look of the pirated products fade off easily.

 

Anyway, I went to check with the shop and they said it was beyond repairable, contrasting to what they said when I bought it from them. Here are the scenarios:

 

Before I bought the watch, I felt like a king:

AsX: Is there any warranty for this watch?

Salesman: Yes, 2 years.

 

AsX: Can I return it when if later I feel like I don’t like it?

Salesman: Yes, within 7 days.

 

AsX: It is expensive; could you give some discount for me?

Salesman: Yes, I will try to give you staff discount.

 

(I should have tried this..)

AsX: Can you bark for me?

Salesman: Yes. Woof woof!

 

AsX: My shoe is dirty, can you wipe away the dirt for me?

Salesman: Yes. Yes.

 

When my watch was broken, and asked for repair under warranty (I felt like crap):

AsX: My watch is broken but it is still under warranty. Can I claim that?

Salesman: No, it seems beyond repairable. The warranty does not cover negligent u know? It is written at line 7 under the terms and conditions. (The salesman suddenly turned into a lawyer).

 

AsX: How about if I pay for the repair?

Salesman: No, as I said it is beyond repairable. (The salesman then changed into a watch repair expert)

 

AsX: Do you accept trade in? It should worth something right?

Salesman: (Getting more impatient and rude) No, does this looks like a recycle centre to you. (Suddenly sound like ‘Ah Long’ collecting money)

 

Anyway, I think I can live without a watch for now. Don’t think I have any important date coming up (As if I ever have any date L). Maybe I shall go shopping for a watch at Queensbay mall tomorrow. Hmm…

4 comments:

dreckker said...

hahaha... Sea Master became "Si" Master... die ki... hahahahahahaha.....

AsX said...

Sigh, dun wan to buy Omega watch anymore lar...

AsX said...

Got this message from Su, i have to reject it because my real name was shown

Out of keponess, i found some info if u wanna repair ur watch. Check out http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=342, they have retailers in Penang & KL. Can try call up.

Recommended public price for repair available at http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=390. Seems like u'll nid RM1k (converted from swiss francs) for repair works. :/

But then again, no harm checking it out.


-Su

AsX said...

Su -> Thanks, I shall go and check it out.