10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Double Standard (A Dissatisfaction Voice)!

Just want to voice out my dissatisfaction against work life. I realize that there is really double standard in my working place.

 

Under the same organization, there seemed to be different treatment among different group of people. I’m not complaining that I need to be in dungeon mode but the treatment among our group and other group of employees who is under the same mode.  To make thing worse, the reason that dungeon mode was being initiated because of misjudgment among some minority within that special treatment group. That’s why I have become disappointed with my organization.

 

I remembered in November 2005, I left my previous company for the same reason. Production and Research and Development (RnD) team seemed to be living in 2 different worlds. Comparing privileges, benefits and salary increment, RnD team seemed being appreciated more; while production team not only did not have such treatment but they also need to go for 24-hour standby call! Unfortunately I was in the production team and during my Exit Interview (An interview for people who were leaving the company), I told the interviewer that such double standard existed. She knew that and told me that it was a normal practice by every company. That was why when I left my previous company, I swore to myself not to step into production floor again!

 

Interviewer: RnD job has better benefits than production. This is the market trend.  So, you are leaving this company because of this dissatisfaction?

 

AsX: No, I’m following the market trend. J

 

Now I am having such unfairness dissatisfaction again! I guess our group is not truly appreciated by top management after all! 

8 comments:

AngrySquirrel said...

Mana ada dungeon mode.....People still come at 10 am.......go yum char at 3.......just a name lah.......go order focus night...revenge! :P

30ats said...

ah office politics sucks big time. pfttt.

RealGunners said...

they alwiz justify by saying those shit like: r&d are the big boys, they do the development of new products to keep us as market leader yadda yadda~~

haih...

AsX said...

Bankai24 -> Yeah, but hey i'm working on weekends too!

30ats -> Yeah, i hate it... politics... sigh!

Gunner -> Finally we are speaking the same language!

AngrySquirrel said...

Who isin't working on weekends?? I'm sick like a dog now cause wanna keep the emulator efficiency as close to 100% as possible. Sien.....You wanna voice out something?? Faster voice! It won't end your career...I back you up.

AsX said...

Bankai -> Voiced but nothing happen. Maybe our 'mum' could not do anything at all. Anyway, just food rite? Let's go Golden Triangle Buffet! and eat till we dropped!

calvaryzone said...

fuyoh, great reply to the interviewer's question.

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you. As last time I work as support group and usually there is less increment and benefit compare to R&D division. I think the reality is cruel as manafacturing line alwalys think R&D is the most important to the organization compare to other division.......