10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Malaysian vs Indian

It’s Friday! Yeah! So what am I going to do tomorrow? I don’t know. Boo! It’s the second week I am in Bangalore; and for this week, I am creating a countdown timer for my blog to remind me home is just a few days away… a few ten days away…

Think of it, being a Malaysian is not that bad. We live with different races and cultures; enjoy different foods; having crossed-race marriage; learning to scold people in different languages; know that Nasi Lemak which literally translate to Fat Rice is not a food for people to gain weight; Muruku is not a foul language; and Mooncake is not the cake to celebrate the first guy on the Moon.

The three main races in Malaysia are Malay, Indian and Chinese; we could easily tell from the looks and the skin color; although some are the production of mixed races.

Today, I had a 1-to-1 meet up with an Indian guy on work-related thing. For a few minutes, he was sort of examining me closely as though I came from Mars. For a while, I thought that he was going to cut me up to check what flows inside of me. This is the most common reaction when I go strolling outside my hotel. Everyone looks at me like I am naked or what, which I am sure I am not. Some even studies my skin like there is a way to dye it yellow…. Hey wait, there is! But on condition, you need to become a girl from a guy in the end and only limited to white skin.

No comments: