10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things Have Not Been Going Well

Things have not been going well. It just like a period when everything just simply goes wrong. Why have I not been blogging yesterday evening? The reason is I was in a completely different car, Suzuki Swift than my usual Ford Ikon and the driver came 1 hour earlier but called my cell up saying that he had arrived.

To reserve a cab in India, my company had set up a webpage where the data would be sent to Hertz; and they would arrange a cab for me. 2 hours before that they would send sms to my cell, stating the driver’s name, his car number, and his cell number. Sound cool right? During the first week, yes, I received this sms; but lately I guess the system got lazy and I received nothing from them.


So, for yesterday, I didn’t receive any sms at all. I went into the car straight without hesitation, thinking that I had keyed in the time wrongly in the reservation webpage. But I took caution when in the car - I used the GPS feature in my handset to double-check if he was going the wrong way.



In the end, it seemed that he was actually in a different time zone. I arrived safely at my hotel; but could not go off the car because he seemed like did not know how to issue the bill / receipt. Then I realized that it was his first day at work. No wonder!

Anyway, this morning, I didn’t receive any confirmation sms or email! And to make the matter worse, no one came to pick me up! So, I called Hertz and then they gave me my driver’s detail. So, actually my driver was late!

Maybe Hertz knew that I am a person who gets satisfied easily – I had another day with Toyota Innova! Because of the jam, I don’t feel like being inside the washing machine, so at least this is something good.

(Below: See how nice, and spacious, and better than my regular car)


(Above: So who is taller now?.....Still him ...)

When I said that things had not been going on well, actually I did not just refer to the cab service that I had been taking.

Yesterday morning, my 2nd hotel bill came; but of course, I settled them happily (when you are not the actual one paying, you will be glad to sign anything). However, in the evening the Hotel Manager called and said that I had not settled my bill!

Luckily I kept the receipt for company trip filing purpose; and managed to show them the proof. Later in the evening, there were 2 short blackouts when I was trying to finish up my daily task. So, I ended sleeping very late at night and woke up feeling tired.

Now in this comfortable car I really felt super sleepy! Maybe I would just take a nap while in this car.

4 comments:

RealGunners said...

it's just 1 day for u.. things hav not been going well for me for about 2-3 months..

AsX said...

Ya i understand you, bro. When thing goes wrong, everything goes wrong.

Hey, you survived, except for cath part. ;)

RealGunners said...

hahaha i'm surviving that part too.. she's breaking my heart at a speed faster than light that i've got used to it XD

*wonders if cath will read this*

AsX said...

Let me go and get a new heart for you, you want rectangular, triangle, circle, square or the most fancy one heartless...

Yeah, i think she will read it.... maybe not.