10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Monday, January 19, 2009

D’Arenberg, Mclaren Vale @ Australia

Nearby Adelaide (around 35 km), there is a place famous for the wineries called Mclaren Vale. On the way there we stopped by an information centre to get direction to a famous winery called D’Arenberg.

 

Beside the information centre, there was a Lavender Farm. The place was full of sweet Lavender smell, creating a very soothing and relaxing feeling. Cannas should love this place since her favorite flower was lavender…if I remembered correctly.




 

We went to D’Arenberg winery. Are they open for business?

Instead of the usual winery, they too operated as a restaurant. So, there was some wine recommendation written at the front door.

 

Dining at this kind of peaceful environment must be pretty relaxing, but we decided not to because honestly our family was not good in drinking, except for my 2 brothers.





Our intention there was for the free wine-tasting. Just order any wine from the list and they would it for you.I learnt the difference between dry wine and fruity wine. 


I prefer fruity ones. If the wine did not suit you, just spit it out. There was no need to swallow it and the people at the counter would not stare at you like you owned them money (not like some shops in Malaysia where when you decide you don’t like something, they will scold you for wasting their time).

 

Wine tasting not just involved the sensory part of your tongue but also the smell. That was why they prepared a sensory kit for you to smell out different kind of available wine.



My brother introduced a fruity wine which I fell in love with and bought one straight. It was called the Noble, dated year 2005. 

I shall reserve it for important occasion, or till I managed to get a wine glass and a cork to open it.


No comments: