10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Granite Island, Victor Harbor @ Australia

Warning, this entry might be boring for some because i just want to share some photos of Granite Island.

Have you heard of Granite Island? It is an Island made of rocks. The interesting part of this island is that you could see little Penguins if you are lucky or even seals and dolphins if you are luckier!

Granite Island is beside a place called Victor Harbor

There was no dogs running around because of the rule there.

Since Victor Harbor is by the seaside, there is speed limit for personal watercraft or jet ski – 4 Knot Limit. If you study the sign board closely, you will realize one thing.

 

Australians either hate or really love their King and a person called Rosetta, until they buried their head somewhere.


To go to Granite Island, we need to cross a very long causeway.

There is a speed limit also, so I made sure I don’t walk too fast.





Underneath the causeway, there are a lot of delicious seafood that I could see but could not touch.

Along the causeway, there are multi-animal signs.

I think the left one is for human, 

and the right one is for animal.

If you are too lazy to walk, you can always torture this house horse (thanks Harmony for spotting this spelling error)

but the ride is not free.

Phew, finally I am at Granite Island

What’s my purpose again? Oh ya, Penguin; else I will be watching rocks only. It’s a very windy place but very peaceful atmosphere. By the way, my header photo is taken at Granite Island.














Does this rock looks like an umbrella? I think it looks like my head.

These white plants could be seen scattered everywhere.

This is a very strange yellow plant and only can be found at one spot.

Does this little guy look familiar? Seen him from somewhere? Yup, this is a seagull.


At first I thought it will say “Mine” but it just sounds like normal bird. Too much of “Finding Nemo" for me:


Anyway, no penguin, no seal and no dolphin for me. It was not my lucky day

3 comments:

Weide said...

I wish to go Australia for holiday, the environment look peaceful. http://ngweide.blogspot.com

Annoymous said...

Ah, looks like a nice place, but i spot something. Torture the house.

AsX said...

Weide, now is the right time, considering the Australia dollar is weakening. Take a break from your usual routine.

Harmony, thanks for the mistake spotting. Will correct it :)