10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ipoh Beansprout Chicken (Restoran Onn Kee)

From Penang to KL, you need to pass through a state called Perak. At Perak, there is a town famous for pretty girls, Ipoh.  Ipoh is also famous for one particular dish – Beansprout Chicken (Tauge Ayam).

 

With this 2 attractions surely I would stop by this little town. The shop we visited called Onn Kee Restaurant. Time for me to examine how tasty is the beansprout and how tender is the chicken.

Entering the restaurant, there was a wall of famous folks – a photo of Malaysia, Taiwan and Hong Kong superstars who had visited this place! Before tasting the meal, I could already feel that it must be something! Good first impression. Don’t know when my photo will be there? Next next next next life maybe…

The main dish, steam chicken was really tender and tasty. I guarantee that when you put the chicken inside your mouth, you would only spit out the bones.

Accompanying the chicken was of course the beansprout. They were bigger than the normal beansprouts and you could feel the crunchiness and the natural sweetness when you bite on them.

As for side dishes, we ordered Char Siu Sauced Pork, which comparatively same par as the main dish because of the juiciness and sweetness of the meat; 

and meatball soup that was so juicy that you could feel the juice spitting out into your mouth when you bite on it, truly a heavenly feeling.

Another thing that we should not miss was the sha ho fun (a kind of noodle made famous in Ipoh). It was available in soup 

or dry.

I did not try the dry type (my bro had that), but the soup one was cooked with chicken, so essence was all there.

 

 Fuuuuulll (*breathless*), the end of one of the greatest battle of my life! This was the aftermath. And I still said want to keep fit!

3 comments:

v i n c e n t said...

hahaha..
u been to ipoh?
nice place that famous with food rite?n girls too..
hahahahaha..
^^
but i think penang more nice food eat..
hahahaha
by de way..
thankx for ur drop by.
happy chinese new year.
angpau mari..^^

AsX said...

Haha, you can start by introducing a wife for me then who knows, i can give Angpau next year.. :p

Lion in the Jungle said...

bro, you might want to try this one next time when you are in Ipoh. http://kuanlion.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-ipoh-cameron-highland-trip-part-2.html