10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Day I Sprain My Ankle

Look at my legs!

Obviously it is not as attractive as Cath’s, and sorry for those who have just choked their food because of the ugly photo above. I have not reached my point yet.

Look at my ankle. Doesn’t look good, right?

Look closer, yup it has been bruised.

Look even closer, it is swollen.

I have sprained my ankle! And Chinese New Year is just one week away! Damn!

It happened on Monday, right after my volleyball game. I was walking without paying attention to the way I was going then I stepped on uneven surface, and SNAP, my ankle got twisted.

I was really worried that I limped into the gym, and sat down straight. Not even dare to untie my shoe and look at my left ankle. I was not worried of the pain, and neither worried of crawling back home but I was worried that I could not fetch my parents around Penang anymore. 

I remembered the last time I sprained my ankle was during one year Under-15 first volleyball match. We were against a school called St. Joseph. The opponent was spiking the ball and I jumped and managed to block it. Unfortunately, I landed wrongly and sprained my left ankle.  It took weeks to fully recovered, and when I managed to attend the volleyball training, I sprained my ankle again, but this was right foot. So, I missed the Under-15 match completely that year.

Now, with my injured leg, it seemed all my gym session would be wasted. All the time, i was training myself to be physically fit for volleyball. I even tried to jump at the high safety sign hanging inside the lab to learn my timing (I bet the security guard watching the security camera was trying hard to figure out why there was a monkey pretending to be a human, jumping around). Sigh..

After calming myself down, I went to take a bath and then limped to my car. Luckily I was still able to drive it. I drove back to office. Remembering Cath sort of had a similar injury last time, 

I asked her these question:

I almost fainted….

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

quickly go to those chinese physician who specializes in vein, not bone..they will wrap your leg in medicine...after 4 days, everything should be okay. no sex, no seafood, no cold water, no water on the injured area. keep warm always.

AsX said...

4 days? So cool? My chinese physician took weeks.. Gee, i went to those 'pirated' ones.

Emm the 4 No, i had done 2, OH NO!

dreckker said...

aduhhhh.....

AsX said...

Not worth it, man. If sprained because of watching pretty girl then better lar... Ouch!

Unknown said...

my photos look so nice!! =P

AsX said...

Nah, ur leg look nice, and make ur photo nice :P...

Btw, sorry ya, forgot to get your permission before using your photos.

Lion in the Jungle said...

wah...hairy nye....