10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shopping (Malaysian vs Australian)

It’s 2 days before Chinese New Year, and I am at Coffee Bean, watching people doing their shopping before the big occasion. There are big crowds almost everywhere within the shopping centre.  The abnormal me, usually don’t like crowded places, so currently this is the best place to hide myself.

I remembered in Melbourne things are usually very different. They shopped after the big occasion, not like before. So, before or during Christmas, this was the condition, you can even hear a person sneezing far far away!

After Christmas, which was Boxing Day there was usually some big sales going on. By the way Boxing Day was the day Mohammad Ali won the Boxing Championship and declared World Winner. Nah, I was just kidding. For more information on Boxing Day, please check wikipedia.


The discount was usually very dramatic for Australian but for me, still consider as expensive. The shops with most people queuing up were usually those Super Branded goods; like Swarovski, 

LV and etc.

Again, it made me feel so poor!

 

For Chinese New Year, have you done your shopping yet? Honestly i have not because no one accompanies me. Reason? I had one occasion where i bought a new clothes and on the first day of Chinese New Year, I saw the begger wearing the same clothes as me!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what??? it's chinese new year and i have to work over here (in aust). by the way, that LV shop in your photo is obsolete. they have new LV in melbourne now. happy chinese new year to you!

AsX said...

Oh gee, poor girl. I understand how you feel. In addition, after reading your latest entry, i dun think you are in the mood of celebrating CNY rite?

Anyway, the LV is obsolete? But still lots of people queuing up! Where is the new one actually?

RealGunners said...

i'm sure 1 of your siblings can give u pretty good advice if u tag him along.. hehehe

AsX said...

Hmm... you mean my cousin, right?