10/18: Okay, my job caught up on me, need to work even on weekends. Well, let me continue blogging on my trip. Sorry guys!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wrong Number!

Have you ever received phone call in the middle of the night, and then realize that the caller is seeking the wrong person? If yes, it is very frustrating, right? What if that caller kept repeatedly calling your phone and don’t get the message? I had this experience!

 

On Tuesday morning, when I was having a good night sleep, my phone rang at 1.36am. Because of my injury, I took a while to fetch my phone.  When I got it on my hand, it had already stopped ringing. Fearing that it might be some emergency I planned to call back but before I did, I received a test message (sms) from that caller asking in Malay language whether I had fallen asleep.

Obviously, it was a case of wrong number. So ignoring the sms, I crawled back to my bed, hoping that person would realize that he had the wrong number the next day.

This morning at around 2:07am while again I was having a good dream, my phone rang again! And it was from the same caller! Because that my mouth was too dry to talk, I sms him back in Malay, “Salah Nombor”, meaning wrong number in English.


The caller response was a blank sms! So I thought he got what I mean.

At 3:02am, I didn’t know what made him change his mind, he sms this:

3 minutes later, he sent another sms, asking his intended receiver to accompany him:

Both sms I didn’t hear it because my snoring was louder than the sms alert tone. But a few minutes later, he called again! Again, I rejected his call and this time I sms him back, “Hey, brother, wrong number, trying to sleep here!”. This should be a clear message to him.

But that guy not believing in what I said, replied:

I thought it was over and I didn’t bother to response, so I shut my eyes trying to continue my dream.

My phone rang again and it was from the same guy! Feeling super frustrated, I answered and shouted, “Hey, dude! You got the….”. Before I could finish the sentence, he hang up. A few seconds later, he sent me an sms.

Finally, he understood he had the wrong number!

Now in the office, I am really sleepy! 

9 comments:

dreckker said...

you know what you should do?? call him up tonite at around 3am... use another number... :)

AsX said...

I would do that if i still subscribe to the 'private number' service. Else, i cannot compete with his early call! Why not you give him a call? :P

sabahking said...

ur so unlucky man !! i agree with dreckker , call him at 3 am tonight so that he know ur feeling !!

AsX said...

Okay, let me find a public phone :P

Anonymous said...

best is ... send him an sms at 3am telling him "su sini. i nak u datang cari i sekarang" =)


-Su-

AsX said...

1 hour to 3am, should i or should i not?

Lion in the Jungle said...

Hi Su...:p hahahahahahaha

Kellaw said...

try calling him middle of the night. see if he sound asleep. if he sounds alert. try calling in the morning. nothing beats sweet revenge. wuahahaha!!!

AsX said...

kellaw -> Yup, i have done that! Using a public phone... sweet revenge! Now i need to find a girl to call him in the middle or the night...